The above calculations and data projections are courtesy of the World Bank.
The African digital gap:
Huge increase in connectivity on the continent, however:
- Lack of relevant local content
- Outdated content models
- Limited local platforms available for the larger community to share their stories
- Poor access to hyper-local information
How we solve it:
- We established country-specific content and information portals across Africa (currently nine countries, expanding to eighteen)
- We make use of our proprietary technology (Mimiboard) to facilitate:
- access to hyper-local content
- the enabling of user-generated local content
- We share our technology (Mimiboard) with large media organisations across the continent to the benefit of the African masses
Access to information is a critical part of the development of this continent.
Information leads to more knowledge, transparency, self-education and improvement. Umuntu Media is becoming the Pan-African local-content provider and one of the leading forces driving digital change.